To become one of the key Domestic Violence (DV) programs in our state to help individuals and families become free of the devastating affects of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
We believe abuse is not of God and if we can help people stop the silence that debilitates individuals and allows the problem to continue, then we can help reduce the number of Domestic Violence incidents in our homes and community.
The Diamonds program is focused on helping men, women & youth overcome the devastating effects of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault by Educating, Empowering & Engaging them through workshops, support groups, conferences and a host of community resources and partner assistance.
- Provide workshops/Conferences to educate, empower and engage individuals on Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault.
- Conduct support groups in an intimate and caring environment in which individuals can open up and share their past or present experience/s with Domestic Violence/Sexual assault to begin the healing process.
- Provide Resources/Advocacy for individuals and families needing counseling, shelter and other practical needs.
THE DIAMONDS TEAM
|Minister Michele Peake|
|Minister Jean Proctor|
|Mary Clinton |
Shelter Liaison Outreach
WESS Support and Diamonds Outreach
|Joyce Cox |
|GiGi Robinson |
Diamonds Social Media Outreach
|Lillie Price |
|Tina Wood |
Diamonds Youth Liaison
DIAMONDS IN THE COMMUNITY
DIAMONDS Blesses two Domestic Violence victims and their families for Christmas with a $250 donation each delivered in a pizza box! #DiamondsEmpowerment! #DiamondsDaysofGiving!
Here is one of the recipients, a male victim of domestic violence, being presented with the gift from DIAMONDS.
DIAMOND Days of Giving for Christmas 2020 continues!
Blessing four youth impacted by domestic violence at Prince George’s Hospital Center’s Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center (DVSAC), thanks to our NEW Community Partner – “Hope At The Cross, Inc.”
Photos from the DIAMONDS Conference
DIAMONDS FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
“Helping US Help Others”
You can help DIAMONDS provide meals, grocery store gift cards and other items such as toiletries (see list below) for the homeless women and children that go to “My Sisters Place” in Baltimore, MD.
We thank you so much in advance for your support in helping us to support the women and children at the Women’s center during this time.
There are two ways to make financial contributions:
1) Click the donate button below and include DIAMONDS in the notes section
2) Mail a money order to FCIM at: 8006 Oat Ridge Ct, Bowie, MD and note –DIAMONDS
3) To make cash payments, you may also use Cash App to the DIAMONDS Director at: $MicheleNoelPeake
In addition to your continued monetary donations, DIAMONDS is also collecting the following items;
- Travel size toothpaste
- Travel size Toothbrushes
- Individually wrapped sanitary napkins
- Small travel size hand sanitizers
- Small pack of wipes
- Travel Size Shampoo and Conditioner
- Travel size body wash and body lotion
- Bars of Soap
- Snack size and sandwich baggies
- Small combs and brushes
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
All Items can be dropped off to Mt Calvary Baptist Church on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays between 10:00am – 1:00pm OR mailed to the church at: 5120 Whitfield Chapel Rd, Lanham Maryland 20706.
To make other arrangements or question, please contact DIAMONDS Director, Minister Michele Peake at 301 385-8814.
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS!
We have been able to deliver almost 1000 food items to My Sisters Place during the Pandemic Season thanks to you!
DIAMONDS UPCOMING EVENTS!!!
DIAMONDS Women’s Empowerment Support System (WESS)
WESS is a 13-week workshop filled with education on learning how to break chains binding you to unhealthy relationships, participant-led empowering conversations, and sharing how to let God lead in your life to develop healthy relationships and love yourself.
Virtual Sessions Coming Soon!
Purple Couch Conversations!
Thank you also to our incredible Community Partners!
PG County Domestic Violence Unit
PG County Family Justice Center
PG County Department of Social Services DV and Human Sex trafficking Division