THE DIAMONDS TEAM
|Minister Michele Peake|
|Grayling Sterling |
|Minister Jean Proctor|
WESS Support and Diamonds Outreach
|Mary Clinton |
Shelter Liaison Outreach
|GiGi Robinson |
Diamonds Social Media Outreach
|Joyce Cox |
|Tina Wood |
Diamonds Youth Liaison
|Lillie Price |
To become one of the key Domestic Violence (DV) programs in our state to help individuals and families become free of the devastating affects of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
We believe abuse is not of God and if we can help people stop the silence that debilitates individuals and allows the problem to continue, then we can help reduce the amount of Domestic Violence incidences in our homes and community.
The Diamonds program is focused on helping men, women & youth overcome the devastating effects of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault by educating, empowering & engaging them through workshops, support groups, conferences and a host of community resources and partners.
- Provide workshops/Conferences to educate, empower and engage individuals on Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault.
- Conduct support groups in an intimate and caring environment in which individuals can open up and share their past or present experience/s with Domestic Violence/Sexual assault to begin the healing process.
- Provide Resources/Advocacy for individuals and families needing counseling, shelter and other practical needs
DIAMONDS IN THE COMMUNITY
DIAMONDS Blesses two Domestic Violence victims and their families for Christmas with a $250 donation each delivered in a pizza box! #DiamondsEmpowerment! #DiamondsDaysofGiving!
Here is one of the recipients, a male victim of domestic violence, being presented with the gift from DIAMONDS.
DIAMOND Days of Giving for Christmas 2020 continues!
Blessing four youth impacted by domestic violence at Prince George’s Hospital Center’s Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Center (DVSAC), thanks to our NEW Community Partner – “Hope At The Cross, Inc.”
Photos from the DIAMONDS Conference
DIAMONDS FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN
“Helping US Help Others”
You can help DIAMONDS provide meals, grocery store gift cards and other items such as toiletries (see list below) for the homeless women and children that go to “My Sisters Place” in Baltimore, MD.
We thank you so much in advance for your support in helping us to support the women and children at the Women’s center during this time.
There are two ways to make financial contributions:
1) Click the donate button below and include DIAMONDS in the notes section
2) Mail a money order to FCIM at: 8006 Oat Ridge Ct, Bowie, MD and note –DIAMONDS
3) To make cash payments, you may also use Cash App to the DIAMONDS Director at: $MicheleNoelPeake
In addition to your continued monetary donations, DIAMONDS is also collecting the following items;
- Travel size toothpaste
- Travel size Toothbrushes
- Individually wrapped sanitary napkins
- Small travel size hand sanitizers
- Small pack of wipes
- Travel Size Shampoo and Conditioner
- Travel size body wash and body lotion
- Bars of Soap
- Snack size and sandwich baggies
- Small combs and brushes
- Grocery Store Gift Cards (For my Sisters Place to shop for groceries to prepare meals for the women and children)
All Items can be dropped off to Mt Calvary Baptist Church on Mondays, Wednesdays or Fridays between 10:00am – 1:00pm OR mailed to the church at: 5120 Whitfield Chapel Rd, Lanham Maryland 20706.
To make other arrangements or question, please contact DIAMONDS Director, Minister Michele Peake at 301 385-8814.
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS!
We have been able to deliver almost 1000 food items to My Sisters Place during the Pandemic Season thanks to you!
DIAMONDS UPCOMING EVENTS!!!
DIAMONDS Women’s Empowerment Support System (WESS)
Will be Virtual and no cost to attend the ZOOM Sessions
13 weeks of powerful sessions on Breaking Free of the invisible chaims binding you when it comes to current or previously abusive relationships!
Start date: TBA
Purple Couch Conversations!
Please continue to support our Purple Couch Conversations
We go live on Thursday’s at 6:00pm on our FB page: ‘Diamonds Empowerment‘
Like our video’s and share our video’s so everyone gets to hear how others overcame and are walking in Victory now!
Thank you also to our incredible Community Partners!
PG County Domestic Violence Unit
PG County Family Justice Center
PG County Department of Social Services DV and Human Sex trafficking Division